Saturday, February 16, 2008

New Addition to our family

As you can see, here is cowboy Cole with Princess. We adopted her this past Tuesday. She is a 6 year old Great Dane. She is a great dog! So mellow & gentle with the boys. They just adore her.
She was (we think) un-intentionally mis-treated. We took her to the vet friday and she is about 15 lbs. under weight. :( So we have been trying to pack the pounds on here. Luckily she landed in this house, where it is very easy to gain weight, thanks to my cooking. :) She has really been a great dog. And for me to say that she has to be. She needs some big time TLC. But she is getting lots of hugs and attention. We are glad we got her and we are totally sold on Great Danes.
I worked more on the piggy tales album. 3 hours and I got 1 page done. (It had 2 flaps to work around) So far it's looking cute. I ran out of adhesive so I had to stop. (DARN!)
Right now I am standing at the island in my kitchen (where I usually scrap) Drinking a Miller Chill with extra lime and a dash of salt. (YUM!) Listening to my ipod. currently playing is "Save a Horse, ride a Cowboy" by Big and Rich. Cole is yelling at me to stop dancing. LOL.
Am I the only adult that likes Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus? It all started with the song that she did with her dad. I LOVE her! to me she sounds like a young Stevie Nicks. (who is one of my fav's of all time!) Like when Stevie and Lindsey had Buckingham and Nicks. She is great. I am totally not ashamed to have some "Hannah Montana" on my ipod. I have told Alec that currently she is the only girl he is allowed to marry. He just makes a face and says that he "doesn't want to marry Hannah Montana". I suppose I should be happy he isn't into girls yet.
ah! my friend Kasey just texted me, brb...
ok, back. hee hee. I love texting on my blackberry. It is so much easier!
Well, my Chill is gone, ipod battery is almost dead (i am so bad at charging it!) and it's 9:30. I am gonna go throw a load of laundry in before I head to bed.
Have a great Saturday night! I'll post a pic of the page I completed today, tommrow.

3 comments:

  1. Princess is beautiful!!! And NO you aren't the only adult that has a thing for Hannah Montana! I love that new song she has out. Can't think of the name right now but I love it! I also like the Jonas Brothers because of her and my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, your little cowboy is too cute. Looks like a great dog!

    I love those Miller Chills but I've never tried it with added lime and salt! Maybe this weekend...

    Where's your page? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your dog. How's it going? Has she adapted to your home?

    ReplyDelete