Sunday, October 2, 2011

Evolving

It's funny. We have only been homeschooling since August and already I have changed things. You find out real quick what works and what doesn't. I have re-organized our bookshelf in the classroom, moved some furniture around, and re-organized our books and supplies.
Last night Derek and I had a little date night. His parents are visiting so they took the boys for the evening. We spent our fun date night going out to dinner (Jason's Deli ) and going to Office Max and Hastings. I got some organizational things for home school (binders and such) and was excited to find this book in the clearance bin at Hastings


It's a very cool book, a perfect addition to our art curriculum. This month we add another subject to our schedule. Last month we added English/Language Arts and so far it has been going great. This month we will be adding a more formal History/Geography curriculum (from Alpha and Omega). Alec has been doing just so good. He is so happy and back to his old self. A friend of mine sent me this picture, I printed it up last night and put it up in the class room.


It just made me think of Alec (and I think that is why she sent it to me).

Cole got his progress report from school, all A's. He was less than 10 points away from having 100's across the board. This is one proud mama! He loves math, everything is math and numbers. He quizzes us any chance he gets.

So that is us in a nutshell the past month or so. :) more to come

No comments:

Post a Comment