Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Canning Season

So I spent the evening in the kitchen today, experimenting with some canning recipes. I recently hosed a house party for the Ball canning company. It was SO MUCH fun! It got me excited about canning again. We have this great garden that is actually producing now, and I want to be able to enjoy it all year long.

I have plans to can some more tomorrow. After I get it done, take the pictures I'll be posting the recipes, (be on the look out for those) and I will have a little give away for y'all as well. (It's gonna be a good one!)

Here is a little sneaky peak of what I have been doing:


Now it is 11:30 central time. I should be sleeping but instead I am having a craving for a quseadilla from Taco Cabana with the hot salsa. A Dr. Pepper would be nice with it too.
Cravings have been frequent lately. Couple days ago it was mini powdered doughnuts. Last week it was chocolate cake, brownies etc. You know what was so good? And it's so gross, but the Betty Crocker Warm Delights chocolate cake with the caramel. Cake you cook in the freaking microwave but it was so good. I craved it, and I am so not a sweets person. Hands down, I'd rather eat a bag of salt and vinegar chips or a big bowl of popcorn with Tobasco sauce. What's up with the sweets lately?

1 comment:

  1. Good news! Foodista is inviting you to attend this year's International Food Blogger Conference in Seattle on August 27-29! There also are sponsorships offered that you can take advantage of! For more information, check this page out.

    Hope to see you there! Keep on blogging. :-)

    ReplyDelete