Thursday, March 11, 2010

What a week it's been

I haven't started my last post on couponing, how my trips go, last minute tips etc.
The last week has sucked big time.
Aside from both Derek and Alec getting strep throat, TAKS test and school difficulties we had a death in the family.
our cat, Daisy died.
yeah, she was only a cat, but she was our cat. She was the sweetest, most cuddly, friendly beautiful cat. She was 3 years old. She died and I was devastated. Well, both Alec & I were devastated. Daisy was his cat. He was a present from Santa Claus to Alec. But she was my cat too. Every night she would climb under the covers with me and sleep till Derek came to bed and then she would go sleep with one of the boys.
This adjustment has been hard. We have had lots of tears, lots of crying bouts.
Now she is buried in the back yard. Derek made her a headstone. Alec put her food dish on top of it. Some times he goes out there. I don't know if he is praying, talking to her or what. It just sucks. That's what we say. It sucks.

Here is the most recent picture of her. (that I could find) taken Christmas morning. She is missed and forever in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment