Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Harvest "Suprise" Pancakes

It's been a long time I know, I have a few posts in the "can" that i just haven't gotten a chance to type up.

This past sunday I made these panackes for breakfast. no suprise that everyone LOVED them.


here is the gist of what I did:

Boxed pancake mix (I used Red Mill's Buckwheat mix) I made the 16-24 pancake recipe (i think, it was the one in the middle) just followed the directons, egg milk etc. then I added about 3/4 of a smaller can (soup sized) of Pumpkin puree, about 3 tablespoons of brown sugar and a few good shakes of pumpkin pie spice. mixed up all together and cooked as usual.

the apples on top, something I make for my boys alot and they love them.

1 pink lady apple (mine was pretty big, but use more if yours are smaller)

3 tablespoons butter (unsalted)

3 tablespoons of brown sugar

few shakes of pumpkin pie spice (or equal parts cinnamom and nutmeg works good too)

a little glob of vanilla paste (I get mine from Trader Joe's whenever we are back in CA, but I believe king arthur flour has it too)

Peel, core and slice the apples, place in the pan with the butter (melt it first) & brown sugar and saute. as the apples become soft add the vanilla paste and spices. mix around the pan and cook for a few minutes longer.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment