Monday, May 21, 2007

The Saga Begins

for granola that is...
LOL
My morning breakfast usually consists of a bowl of plain yogurt (Brown Cow Brand or Horizon are my favorites) and a handful of granola. Lately I have been loving this packaged granola I get from my HEB. It has cranberries and pecans in it. So yummy and crunchy! But at almost $5 a bag (and a bag lasts about a week) I am just thinking that I could make it myself for alot less.
So last week I embarked on my quest for a good crunchy granola recipe.

1 recipe has been attempted, and if it is any indication as to how this quest will go...
This is not going to be easy.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I found a recipe on http://www.allrecipies.com for a stove top granola with cranberries and almonds. Since I didn't have any almonds I substituted chopped pecans for it. I folowed the recipe exactly how it was laid out, except for the addition of a little fresh nutmeg & cinnamon.
It tasted good.
No crunch tho. it was quite chewy. not what I was looking for.
I am thinking that the granola needs some time in the oven to get crispy.
& I need some more research time.

The quest continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment