Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sopapillia Cheesecake, oh YUM!

I was introduced to Sopapillia Cheesecake a couple weeks back at the teacher appreciation luncheon at my son's school. We do them every other month for the teachers. A bunch of PTA volunteers all pitch in and make lunch for the teachers and staff. We love our teachers and take great pride in spoiling them.
So at the last luncheon my friend Stefanie made this Spoapillia Cheesecake. It was gone in less than 10 minutes. So good. So yummy. Sinful. Rich & Creamy. I BEGGED her for the recipe and she was happy to pass it along.
I've had the ingredients in my fridge ever since then & never had the time to make it. Not that it takes a lot of time to make (it really doesn't). I've just been so engulfed in everything else going on around here. But tonight turned out to be the night. The night that I would make a pan of Sopapillia Cheesecake & have to seriously restrain myself from eating half the pan.

Today. Sigh.... Today has been a day. Well I've had quite a few "Days" the past few weeks. First it was getting through Cole's homecoming for football.
(Me & my Bear Isn't he cute with his garter? GO REGULATORS!)
2 days before homecoming my friend and I made I think 28 mums & garters in 1 afternoon. My finger tips had second degree burns the hot glue gun. And that day I worked the concession stand (and helped decorate the field for homecoming) from 7 am till about 4pm taking 1 hour break to watch the Bear play. I had been up since 5am that day. Yeah, mom was tired.
Lots of things are colliding this week, PTA functions, Alec's orthodontic appointments, & the usual suspects of course.
Derek had a particularly rough day at work as well. We deserved this tonight. Put the kids to bed and we had a piece while we watched "Family Guy". (Days like this require carb-loading and belly laughs)

The ingredients:
  • 2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
  • 2 packages Cream Cheese 8oz Pkg.
  • 1-½ cup Granulated Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1 stick Salted Butter
  • 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
Spread 1 can of crescent rolls into a 9×13 pan. Mix together cream cheese, vanilla extract and 1 cup sugar. Spread over the rolls you pressed into the pan. Cover with the other can of rolls. Melt butter and in rest of sugar and the teaspoon of cinnamon. Pour butter/sugar mixture over the top and bake for 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temp.
Oh yum. This was my piece. (I'm a corner girl) It was so good. Now to see how long it lasts in the house before getting eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment